April 19, 2012

Donnelly Family Photo shoot

Where to even begin with this family? I've known Ryan and Jenn for years, long before their little tykes came along. Even back then as newly weds they had such a heart for loving people and serving as much as they can through our church. Fast forward to present day, Ryan and Jenn have 4 wonderful kids all under the age of 5- and that same love I saw back then is now magnified in their happy family. I seriously don't know how they have enough hours in the day to do all they do- between pouring into their kids lives, serving in the youth group at my church, being on the missions committee, planning events, mentoring the youth, and still managing to make time to hang out with my boyfriend and I- staying up late watching silly canadian shows. All I can say is that this family seriously knows how to love others selflessly, so it was such an honor to give back in some little way by taking photos of their beautiful family. This shoot was in our schedules for months, and even with a few hick ups and needing to reschedule, we finally set a date in March. However, once we showed up, even after a week of beautiful so cal sunshine, it decided to be drizzly and wet for the couple of hours that we shot. But just a few raindrops wouldn't stop us from having a blast! Between making silly faces at the camera, goofy tickle fights, a rocking pink tutu, super hero poses, and watching the rain drops fall from under a clear umbrella... we had so much fun. I haven't laughed that hard or played that much in quite some time. After taking pictures of families and kids I always have that "purpose moment." I know it might sound a bit corny, but when I sat down to edit through these pictures, I couldn't help but smile and feel that deep down inside this is what I'm meant to be doing. This is what brings me happiness; this is what makes my heart sing. So, I hope you enjoy these images I was honored to capture for Ryan, Jenn, Benjamin, Joshua, Noelle, and Ezra. :) Welcome to the blog the Donnelly Family. 






















































1 comment:

  1. jeannie sucre4/19/2012

    what a sweet session! you can totally feel the love in this family :)

    ReplyDelete