December 21, 2011

Wildflowers Photography Workshop: The Fike Family

It’s amazing to look back and see how much I’ve grown in my photography since I first started about 8 months ago. It started out as just a hobby, something I did for fun here and there. But the more I took a step back and looked at my life and my passions, the more I realized that there is something more to my ‘hobby.’ I know it sounds pretty silly, and maybe like it’s been said before, but over the last few months my hobby has grown into my passion. I’ve realized how much I absolutely love capturing moments between people who love each other deeply. I love seeing how a mom plays with her baby, how a newly engaged couple show their love for each other, how two siblings interact and play like no one is watching. That’s why I take pictures. To capture these moments that we remember in our heart, but seldom see a physical depiction.

When I stumbled across Wildflowers Photography, I saw that same passion I have in my heart. Joy Harmon Prouty, the amazing woman behind Wildflowers Photography, hosts a workshop for photographers meant to rekindle that passion and grow and learn from other woman photographers.  I went on this workshop last month, really nervous and not knowing what to expect. This was literally the first leap that I’d taken into portrait photography. Words can not describe how much I learned from Joy and from all the other wonderful women there. While we were there we did three styled photoshoots, the first of which this blog post is about.

I’d like to introduce the Fike family J Such a wonderful family that acted AMAZING, considering there were 20 lenses pointed directly at them for about 2 hours. The styling in this shoot was done by Joy, and it was inspiring to see how she interacted with the family, yet still let them be themselves and fall into a pose that was so natural, yet so beautiful.  This was the very first time I’d taken pictures of a family, and after this shoot I absolutely fell in love with this kind of photography. I can’t wait and am literally itching to capture such raw and beautiful emotions within loving families in the future. This is the first of many shoots to come, so I hope you enjoy and I hope I was able to capture the sweet love this family has for each other. And just wait, there are two more posts coming from this workshop, so check back soon J














































No comments:

Post a Comment